2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not be negligent now; for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve Him, to minister before Him and to burn incense.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The beauty of the assist

Basketball has probably been used as metaphor for life too many times already, so I won't go down that trail. I did, however, see a powerful truth in Tater's game today. The gym where he plays is set up in such a way that spectators watch from a balcony that surrounds the gym. There is wisdom in this design - it keeps angry parents at bay. It also allows for a pretty good view of the court. I was really proud of many aspects of Tate's game today. All his ball-handling practice has paid off and now, when it counts, he's able to withstand defenders. But the part of his game that really impressed me was his assists. He'd fake, bounce-pass to the open man and that player would have the open shot. Everyone cheers for the basket made! Few cheer for the assist because few notice. But those who love the game do notice and smile at the beautiful assist. It's about using your talents to make someone else shine.
It's about using your talents to make someone else shine.
It's about using your talents to make Someone else shine.
Oh that I would use my talents to bring Him glory and make Him shine.

No comments: