2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not be negligent now; for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve Him, to minister before Him and to burn incense.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Runnin' on E

Why has the blogging well run dry? Perhaps because I haven't been feeding myself with His word. It is my daily bread and lately I've been operating on bread tasted a few weeks ago. What excuse is there? Many. I've been reading other books, hosting Thanksgiving, playing in the snow, visiting newborn babies, etc. These are all good things, even wonderful things, but my soul is hungry for spiritual food. I think I convinced myself that reading other people's ideas about Truth would be sufficient, but though it's thought provoking and rather convicting, it's not the same as pure nourishment directly from the Word. The Word is alive and active and it is what gives me life. We read more about Abraham this morning. He is truly one of my biblical heroes. He's the first one to inspire me to "now obedience". (We're still working through the idea that delayed obedience is actually disobedience.) So, thank you, Lord for putting a hunger for your Word in me and thank you that You continue to pursue us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - Why spend money on what is not bread and your labor on what does not satisfy?

Katie said...

Trevor send us this scripture awhile back that "hit it home"...Job 23:12 "I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread." This convicted me the other day...do I tresure His Words more than the food or this world?