2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not be negligent now; for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve Him, to minister before Him and to burn incense.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Commonly Sensible

Trev and I were talking last night about how lasting Oswald Chamber's writings have been in our hearts. One of the primary principles that is sprinkled throughout his devotional, 'My Utmost for His Highest', is that faith is the opposite of common sense. Digging into the meaning of common sense we restated it as "what is commonly sensible within our culture". My mind went immediately to Romans 12:2 - "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world...". The pattern of our world = doing what is commonly sensible.
It doesn't make sense to touch a leper, it doesn't make sense to speak harsh truths that disperse crowds and it doesn't make sense to leave a throne so you can die.

(I'd love to know what you think.)

No comments: