2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not be negligent now; for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve Him, to minister before Him and to burn incense.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

A home with a view

As Bob and Nanci prepare to move into this house, they have brought several friends over to tour their new home. Without fail each person that sees the view of the lake from our living room says, "you're going to really miss this view". Yes, I am. Yes, we are. At one point I was regretting not taking more pictures of the lake's beauty and started to feel pretty sad about leaving our view. Then I was reminded of an ironic truth: I do have pictures of the lake. It's just that the lake serves as the background of pictures of my family and friends. The view I love most I get to take with me... it's the people God has gifted into my life. So, come enhance the view of our new home because then we will still have a wonderful view.

No comments: