2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not be negligent now; for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve Him, to minister before Him and to burn incense.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

SWATT

So my first full week as Camp Director for Bair Lake Bible Camp is over. It has proven to be another item on the list of things God has done to show how awesome He is. The timing of my starting there could not have been better. This week was SWATT week. SWATT stands for Servants With Ample Time and Talent. Basically, it is a group of retired folks who have been involved with BLBC for years, and twice a year, they come back and spend a week working on whatever projects they can. They did everything from sewing curtains to changing electrical boxes and building shelves. They were a great group. I got to spend time hearing stories, learning history, and just getting to know some of the people that God has used to bring BLBC to where it is today. And they're still allowing Him to use them. So I thank the Lord for His faithfulness and for the faithfulness of the SWATT team.

There is much going on at BLBC. Check out the web site at http://www.blbc.com/. God is doing wonderful things here. It is very exciting! I can't wait to see what will happen my second week.

No comments: