2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not be negligent now; for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve Him, to minister before Him and to burn incense.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Toes

What do classrooms, churches and tables have in common: assigned seats. Though it's unspoken and unofficial, each of us sits in the same place at each meal. (exceptions: when one or more persons is absent, seating arrangements may vary) But, if we're all present, we are creatures of habit. For several years Jackson has been seated next to me (mommy). It all began when he was a really little guy and needed a lot of help while eating. Even though he's moved into the independent-eaters club, he still sits next to me. I thinks it's because of this that I never noticed. All this time he's been right beside me and I never noticed how he sits. The strongest toes award goes to... Jay-bird!!! I heard him complaining that his toes were hurting and I looked over to see why. I saw him sitting like this and started laughing, "Of course your toes hurt, buddy. Don't sit like that." He replied, "I always sit like this." This funny interaction has made me wonder: what else don't I know about the people I sit beside everyday? And, if it's true that the Lord is with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9), then He's probably saying, "I always walk this way" or "I always love this way" or "I always forgive this way". Today, I want to notice these things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up? I hope you are all well. Please email us and let us know when you get the Director position.
winonapings@hotmail.com
Love, The Pings

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

<3
Rachel Greene