2 Chronicles 29:11

My sons, do not be negligent now; for the Lord has chosen you to stand before Him and serve Him, to minister before Him and to burn incense.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Four Armor-Bearers


In 1 Samuel 14, Jonathan, one of the leaders of Israel's army, decides to do something that doesn't make a lot of sense. His army is completely outnumbered and surrounded. They are hiding in caves. It doesn't look good. He decides to take action and do something about it, though. He decides to go and fight and see if maybe God will fight for them. He asks only one other man to go with him (the Bible only calls him Jonathan's armor-bearer). This armor-bearer could have said, "You're crazy! Two against many. No way." But instead, he was supportive and said, "Go ahead; I'm with you heart and soul." Wow. Long story short, God does fight for them and the rest of the Israelite army joins them and they win the battle. --- Well, I have been blessed with four armor-bearers. Leaving my job and going into ministry is a battle also. And it doesn't make sense on many levels. But we know God will fight for us as we remain in Him. For me, one of the main ways he has confirmed that is by giving me four incredible people to live with who are right beside me saying, "Go ahead; we're with you heart and soul." Wow.

No comments: